Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle optimized for three-round burst firing, and proven to be an extraordinarily versatile weapon at a wide variety of ranges in the hands of a capable marksman.
The BR85 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle, abbreviated BR85HB SR, and more commonly known as the Battle Rifle, is a UNSC infantry selective fire service rifle used primarily in the post-war years. It is a gas-operated, magazine-fed rifle that is extraordinarily effective against infantry energy shielding. It has a magazine size of 36 rounds and fires in three-round bursts.
- Has a large amount of ammo (216 rounds maximum).
- Four bursts can take out Elites and Spartans: three to take out the shields and one to the head.
- 3-round bursts make it easier to obtain headshots.
- 3-round bursts can strip shields and kill in a single shot.
- Lacks range and accuracy of the DMR.
- Slower reload time.
Changes from the BR55HB SR in Halo 3
- Hitscan feature returns from Halo 2, making the BR55HB slightly more accurate.
- Scope is square instead of round.
- Picatinny rail on the top carry handle of the rifle (which the scope is mounted on).
- Larger reticle.
- Misriah Armory's symbol is sported on both sides of the stock of the weapon.
Changes in the Halo 4 Weapon Tuning Update
- Main article: Weapon Tuning Update
- Capable of killing in 11 bullets (four bursts instead of five).
- Rate-of-fire was slightly decreased.
- Red reticle range was decreased.
- Early images of the BR85HB SR Battle Rifle released by 343 Industries had "BR55HB SR" printed on the side.
- An exclusive Arctic skin for the Battle Rifle was available for those who pre-ordered the game from EB Games or GameStop. This skin was later made available in the Game of the Year Edition along with other previously exclusive weapon skins.
- It is actually possible, albeit quite difficult, to score three headshots with one burst, provided each target is unshielded.