|BR85HB SR Battle Rifle|
Bullpup Battle rifle
|Damage Per Hit||
Medium to High
Medium to Long
The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed selective fire rifle optimized for three-round-burst firing, and proven to be extraordinarily effective against dissipative energy shielding on both exotic and domestic armor types. It has a magazine size of 36 rounds, and fires in three-round bursts, thus giving 12 bursts before depleting the magazine.
"The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle optimized for three-round burst firing, and proven to be an extraordinarily versatile weapon at a wide variety of ranges in the hands of a capable marksman."
- Hitscan feature returns from Halo 2.
- Square scope, similar to the EOtech Holographic sight, or Aimpont M68 CCO.
- Picatinny Rail on the top carry handle of the rifle (which the scope is mounted on).
- Larger reticle.
- Slightly more accurate at range, compared to the BR55HB SR from Halo 3.
- Deeper and more visceral firing sound recorded from actual weapons.
- Major visual overhaul, following the artistic design of Halo: Reach.
- Misriah Armory's symbol is sported on both sides of the stock of the weapon.
- With the Ammo Package, the maximum ammunition has been increased from 108 to 216 rounds.
- It is now a 5-shot kill instead of a 4-shot kill.
- Increased firing speed.
- Different reloading animation.
- Different melee animation.
- Lacks reticle bloom that most weapons have in Halo 4.
- The Battle Rifle is one of the few weapons in Halo 4 to have no reticle bloom.
- The Battle Rifle's firing sound effect is a combination of a Colt M16 and FN SCAR-H firing sounds.
- Images initially released by 343 Industries of the BR85HB SR Battle Rifle had "BR55HB SR" printed on the side. However, it has been corrected recently, as seen in the latest images of the rifle.
- The BR85HB SR's appearance is more angular and squared, resembling the FAMAS more than previous iterations.
- An exclusive Arctic skin for the Battle Rifle was available for those who pre-ordered the game in any edition from EB Games in Canada. It was also one of the three exclusive pre-order bonus items from GameStop.
- The BR85HB SR is one of the most used weapons in Halo 4 matchmaking.
- In a recent Halo Bulletin, 343 Industries confirmed that in the next Halo 4 update, they will make the Battle Rifle a 4-shot kill, leaving the DMR a 5-shot kill, but making fire slower at similar speed to the DMR to mantain a balanced gameplay.
- M392 Designated Marksman Rifle (Halo: Reach)
- XBR55 Battle Rifle (Halo: Contact Harvest)
- BR55 Battle Rifle (Halo 2)
- BR55HB SR Battle Rifle (Halo 3)
- M395 Designated Marksman Rifle (Halo 4)
- Type-31 Rifle (Halo: Reach, Covenant equivalent)
- Type-51 Carbine (Halo 2 and beyond, Covenant equivalent)
- Z-250 Directed Energy Engagement Weapon (Halo 4, Forerunner equivalent)