|There is more information available on this subject at Assault Rifle on the English Wikipedia.|
An Assault Rifle is a select-fire weapon that fires an intermediate rifle cartridge, using a projectile with a muzzle energy in between those of a full-sized rifle and a smaller submachine gun or a pistol. Assault Rifles are categorized in between battle rifles, which fire a full-sized rifle cartridge, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than the more powerful rifle cartridge. Examples of Assault Rifles include the M16, AK-47,SA80, G36, and the Steyr AUG.
List of Assault RiflesEdit
- MA3 Assault Rifle - The predecessor to the MA5 series rifles.
- MA5 Series
- MA37 Individual Combat Weapon System - The original MA5 (known as the MA37 for the UNSC Army) introduced in 2437. It was used by the UNSC Army up to as late as the Fall of Reach. (Halo: Reach)
- MA5B Individual Combat Weapon System - The standard UNSC Navy and Marine Corps armament. (Halo: Combat Evolved)
- MA5K Carbine - A carbine variant in the MA5 series utilized by the SPARTAN-III's and other Special Operation forces. Currently unavaliable in games.
- MA5C Individual Combat Weapon System - Another variant of the MA5 series, and a standard issue Assault Rifle for the UNSC Marines. (Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST)
- MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System - A variant of the MA5 series. (Halo 4)
- In the Halo universe, many weapons are called Assault Rifles even though they fire full powered cartridges by 21st-century standards. However, with advancements in weapons technology in the years Halo takes place it is most likely that modern weapons standards have been reclassified.
- This is a disambiguation page - a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.