Covenant vessels like the Ardent Prayer are a prelude to the devastation the full fleet can visit upon a planet.
The ship was one of the main targets of Operation: UPPERCUT, and was boarded by multiple Sabre craft in an effort to plant a Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine on board, which would be used to destroy a nearby Covenant Supercarrier. During the mission, the ship's communications were knocked out and the bridge crew eliminated in order for the ship to be permanently locked onto its refueling track with the supercarrier. The operation succeeded, and Ardent Prayer, along with the supercarrier Long Night of Solace, was destroyed by the rigged Slipspace drive.
Propulsion & MovementEdit
Armament & DefenseEdit
The Ardent Prayer was equipped with the following:
- 6 Melusean-pattern heavy plasma cannons
- 16 Carnax Nu-pattern plasma bombardment mortars
- 11 Phot-pattern pulse lasers
The Ardent Prayer carried 50 Obedientaries, 50 Warriors, and 130 Thralls.
List of Known CrewEdit
- The Ardent Prayer is the setting of the Halo: Reach multiplayer map Zealot, and the Firefight map Corvette.
- All Covenant Starships are commanded by a ship master or fleet master rank Sangheili Zealot, the fact there is no zealot aboard may imply further that the golden armoured Sangheili ship masters, are in fact of the General rank, as is shown in this Corvette.
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, Page 13
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo, Page 76 & 77
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Catalog Interaction - Page 14
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Bungie.net - Halo: Reach Project Page
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level: Long Night of Solace