Orbital dockyards provide rapid refueling and repairs for a variety of UNSC vessels.
Set in low orbit over planet Reach, Anchor 9 is a refit station in service to the UNSC Navy. Its large hanger doors offer access to the low-gravity combat in the vacuum of space. The inside is multi-leveled, giving players many routes and avenues to engage and evade the enemy.
Anchor 9 is a multiplayer map designed for symmetrical team based combat. The map's callouts are as follows:
- Repair Control
- Repair Wing
- Weapons Wing
- Observation Deck
- Control Room
- External Platform
- Repair Ledge
- Repair Operations
- Access Tunnel
- The space view includes a UNSC Frigate and in the distance, other frigates and cruisers.
- It is the fourth known level to expose the players to space legitimately.
- One idea for Anchor 9 was for it to have one side of the map severely damaged.
- Elites without sealed suits don't die when in the vacuum of space, for the sake of gameplay.
- There is a variant of this map called Unanchored. The outer shield doors have been removed, allowing for projectiles and objects to pass through.
- The shield doors that lead to space can be deleted.
- If you edit the game settings so players experience 50% gravity, you will float upwards in space, sort of like anti-gravity.
- The area of space without gravity outside of the hangars only lasts for about 150–200 meters. Anything past that will fall as if there is gravity. This can be seen by firing a grenade launcher round straight outward, it will arc slightly up then instantly fall.
- The actual level consists of a large structure containing the map that is just floating in space.
- ↑ Bungie.net Noble map pack Quick Looks
- ↑ Bungie.net "...this platform no longer provides any safe harbor whatsoever - whether the close quarters combat is occurring inside or out of its artificial gravitational field."