Although this CAA mining vessel was refitted as an ordnance transport, damage sustained during the Battle of Kholo has condemned it to an inescapable slide down the gravity well of a gas giant. On board, its automated systems continue unabated, their operations executed in eerie futility as they drift ever-closer to destruction.
CAA Heavy Burden, in orbit above unidentified gas giant
Civilian manufacturing plant
Adrift, originally named Warhouse, also known as the War Games Map_Set/: 726-6 is a multiplayer map for Halo 4. It is symmetrical and set in a civilian gas-mining plant that is traveling in a near-space orbit above a gas giant, with a HRUNTING Mark II [D] Exoskeleton being constructed in the middle of it.
This map focuses on close quarters combat and has many corridors and passageways, which can be used to surprise the enemy.
Adrift is an inversely symmetrical map which has distinct bases for both teams. The center of the map has multiple entrances and houses the Overshield.
Two Sniper Rifles spawn across the map from each other at the man cannon platforms. These man cannon platforms will take the player to either base depending on which man cannon they choose. Two Needlers spawn on the bottom level of the main central chamber across from each other.
Each base has three hallways connecting to it. The bottom hallway connecting to the base will lead to a man cannon platform. The bottom hallway also has a stairway halfway through that will take the player to the bottom of the map. The bottom of the map has two gravity lifts, four stairways, and multiple boxes which can be used to jump out. The gravity lifts lead to the "lift hallway" of either base, depending on the lift taken. The lift hallway connects a man cannon platform to the base. The third hallway leading out the base is the "attic," which is on the second level of the base and leads to the Overshield's spawn.
- This map's working title was "Warhouse".
- The mech being constructed in the middle of the map is a HRUNTING Mark II [D] Exoskeleton, originally identified as a Cyclops Mark II.
- The mech is on a platform similar to the one found in the map Condemned in the Halo: Reach Defiant map pack.
- It bears a resemblance to the map Countdown from Halo: Reach.
- Far off in the distance, a section of the facility is being pelted by something similar to meteors. Quiet explosions can be heard as well.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gamespot - Halo 4 Tournament - Elamite on Haven
- ↑ Halo waypoint - Youtube content
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide
- ↑ VentureBeat - 11 new things we've learned about Halo 4
- ↑ Halo 4 ViDoc - Making Halo 4
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - The Halo Bulletin: 3.21.12
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - The Halo Bulletin: 3.07.12