|Although this CAA mining vessel was refitted as an ordnance transport, damage sustained during the Battle of Kholo has condemned it to an inescapable slide down the gravity well of a gas giant. On board, its automated systems continue unabated, their operations executed in eerie futility as they drift ever-closer to destruction.|
Adrift is a multiplayer map for Halo 4. It is symmetrical and set in a civilian gas-mining plant that is traveling in a near-space orbit above a gas giant, with a giant mech being constructed in the middle of it. Not much else is known about it at this point.
This map focuses on close quarters combat and has many corridors and passageways, which can be used to surprise the enemy.
- This map's working title was "Warhouse".
- As stated in the Adrift walkthrough the mech being constructed in the middle of the map is a Cyclops Mark II.
- The mech is on a platform similar to the one found in the map Condemned in the Halo: Reach Defiant map pack.
- It bears a distinct resemblance to the map Countdown from Halo: Reach.
- Far off in the distance, a section of the facility is being pelted by something similar to meteors. Quiet explosions can be heard as well.