On the remote world of Erebus VII, at the very edge of human-occupied space, an ONI research facility which was once teeming with researchers now lies eerily vacant. Although the hostility of this world had been initially considered by its team leaders, it is tragically clear that a great many ‘things’ had simply not been taken into account.
Human research facility
|Halo Nation does not currently have a map of this level. Could you create one?|
Abandon, also known as War Games Map_Set/: 505-2 is a multiplayer map for Halo 4. It is set on an abandoned UNSC science facility on a planet known as Erebus VII. This asymmetrical, close-quarters map allows for up to eight players and is designed for objective game types.
Abandon is an asymmetrical map that has two bases for both teams. Red Team spawns towards the closed side of the back (known as Back Gold), and Blue Team spawning at the cliff side (known as Beach). Both teams receive a Needler ordnance drop, and a neutral Scattershot spawns at the bottom center of the map (known as Ring 1).
The 'Purple Forest' can be characterized by blueish-purple lights on the trees. When looking from Blue Spawn, Purple forest is on the right side. On the left side is 'Grey Forest', which is characterized by the grey color of the surrounding area.
- This map features "unknown creatures" that were apparently captured by the UNSC and studied on.
- The research facility was abandoned due to unknown and "unfortunate" circumstances.
- This is a popular map to play the Flood gametype on custom games, due to the plant growth looking similar to Flood biomass, and the eerie sound effects.
- Several burning torches have been left around the map, likely by the research team there when they disappeared. If one looks closely at the writing on the torches, it appears to say "CAUTION Do not use as a combustion grenade".
- This map is strongly disliked by many players in Capture the Flag due to its asymmetric nature not doing well with a 2-flag gametype, as well as issues with its respawn zones making getting away with the blue team's flag an exercise in frustration.