Abandon is a multiplayer map for Halo 4. It is set on an abandoned UNSC science facility on a planet known as Erebus VII. This asymmetrical, close-quarters map allows for up to eight players and is designed for objective game types.
- This map features "unknown creatures" that were apparently captured by the UNSC and studied on.
- The research facility was abandoned due to unknown and "unfortunate" circumstances.
- This is a popular map to play the Flood gametype on custom games, due to the plant growth looking similar to Flood biomass, and the eerie sound effects.
- Several burning torches have been left around the map, likely by the research team there when they disappeared. If one looks closely at the writing on the torches, it appears to say "Warning: Do not use as a concussion grenade".
- Some sort of birds can be seen flying in the map, possibly related to the Dino-Birds previously seen on maps.
- This map is strongly disliked by many players in Capture the flag due to its asymmetric nature not doing well with a 2-flag gametype, as well as issues with its respawn zones making getting away with the blue team's flag an exercise in frustration.