- UNSC Rubicon arrives at the remains of Installation 00 and deploys several remote contact teams (RCTs) to the surface of the Ark to investigate a strange signal.
- After eight days, all contact with the RCTs are severed. Only RCT-06 returns to the ship, having suffered casualties. They did recover the source of the signal though, the remains of 343 Guilty Spark.
- After being brought aboard the Rubicon, the UNSC interrogated Spark hoping to learn more about ancient human-Forerunner relations and the Ur-Didact. Spark, recognizing that these humans as "the true Reclaimers," proceeded to tell them about the events that led to his ancient human self, becoming a monitor.
- When Spark finished his story, his shell was powered down and jettisoned from the ship, as all of his data was uploaded to the ship's computer, by order of the ONI team leader. Unsuspected though, Spark overrides and disables the ship's AI and sets the course to where he thinks the Librarian is after a long study. He has need of the ship and crew and puts all of them into cryogenic sleep.
- Codename: SURGEON writes and sends a five-part series of documents about the current status and operations of the post-war galaxy to Codename: COALMINER.
- Approximately 48 hours of radio silence from the Rubicon results in ONI sending a search and rescue team but the ship vanished.
- After over four years of drifting, UNSC Forward Unto Dawn was pulled into the gravity well of the Forerunner shield world, Requiem.
- UNSC Infinity finds Cortana's distress beacon, on the way to Requiem.
- The First Battle of Requiem begins.
- The Raid on Ivanoff Research Station occurs. The Ur-Didact successfully steals the Composer from the facility and composes everyone, except John-117, in the facility.
- The New Phoenix Incident occurs causing the city to go into quarantine for eight months.
- The Ur-Didact, after falling into a slip space portal on the Mantle's Approach, appears on Installation 03.
- After his return to Earth, John-117 is debriefed in front of the UNSC Security Council about his encounters with the Ur-Didact and the loss of Cortana. The Council decides to cover up the attack by saying it was carried out by the Covenant Remnant and it was stopped by Master Chief.
- Blue Team is informed of Black Team's disappearance on the surface of Installation 03 and is sent immediately to the installation.
- When Blue Team arrives to Installation 03, they discover the bodies of the deceased Black Team and accompanying science team. After fighting off some Prometheans, the team finds the point where the Composer originally sat on the ring and enter its crater. They find the structure known as the Composer's Abyss and follow the structure to a slip space portal that leads to a place called the Composer's Forge.
- Blue Team enters the portal to discover six extra Composers within the Forge. The Ur-Didact and his Prometheans confront the Spartans.
- The Didact asks 859 Static Carillon if he can move Installation 03 above the planet, which he does, and the Didact takes a Composer to the Installation, planning to use the ring and Composer to wipe out humanity. However, Carillon feels betrayed by the Didact as he brought his Prometheans to the Forge and instead assists Blue Team by bringing them back to the ring and closing the portal to the Composer's Forge.
- When Blue Team returns to the ring, the Didact confronts them again, nearly killing the Spartans until Carillon distracts him and teleports him to the control room. John-117 is also teleported with the Activation Index of the ring's control room. John gives the Activation Index to the monitor and lets him take control of the ring. Carillon ejects the section containing the control room into the atmosphere of the planet below. He then teleports John away.
- Carillon moves Installation 03 to an unknown location, for repairs and safe keeping.
- An expedition team travels through The Artifact to Installation 00 in the ship Eden Rising.
- The Damascus Ordnance Commission approved the "Rupitive" weapon skin for several weapons, including the MA5D Assault Rifle and the BR85N Battle Rifle.
- ↑ Halo 4 Limited Edition
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 ELEVENTH HOUR Report #4: Provenance
- ↑ Halo: Primordium - pages 11-13
- ↑ Halo: Primordium - page 371
- ↑ Halo: Primordium - pages 376-379
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Catalog Interaction page 14
- ↑ Halo 4 - Levels: Dawn and Requiem
- ↑ Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- ↑ GameInformer - Issue May 2012
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Composer
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Midnight
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Halo: Escalation Issue 9
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Halo: Escalation Issue 8
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Halo: Escalation Issue 10
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide – page 19
- ↑ Halo Wars 2 - Collectible: Phoenix Logs - The Ark - Henry Lamb Research Post
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Ruptive (Assault Rifle)
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Ruptive (Battle Rifle)